Monday, April 21, 2008

Cheapy gets an iPod (free, of course)

The frugal approach to credit cards is pretty obvious: only use it for things you were going to buy anyway, and always pay off the balance monthly to avoid giving away money for nothing in interest.

But credit cards also come with some perks. I'm about to get a free iPod because of the points added up by the use of my credit card for things I would have purchased with or without the card. I'm also getting a free Minnesota Vikings flag on a pole, but it's the iPod I'm really excited about.

I have no idea how it works. I'm going to have somebody help me to load showtunes onto it so that when I go for long walks in the summer, I can listen to Wicked and Les Miserables and Jesus Christ Superstar. That's actually the only reason I even wanted the iPod.

1 comment:

  1. I got my iPod shortly after you two visited us last time. So that was...three years ago? I love it. It's amazing. Of course, my daily commute is much different than yours: it's outta my hands nearly the entire time (meaning: no driving). It's also 2.5-3 hours long every day. It's so great to crank up something you love and open your magazine or book and just settle in for the ride.

    Rob finally decided to get one last summer and I think it's his favorite toy.

    ReplyDelete