Monday, March 19, 2007

Back?

I've been sick of this blog, so I was abandoning it for a few weeks. Now maybe I'm back.

I saw on Kare 11 the other anchors were discussing Sven's tan, comparing their skin to his, as he had just come back from a vaction to some Southern clime. I thought: what does his tan have to do with any sort of vacation? He's that tan ALL THE TIME. If that guy doesn't frequent a tanning booth, I no longer believe in TV.

I've started vexing about what to do when the Republican National Convention comes to the very city I live in. Should I go away? Get a week's worth of groceries and hide in my house for a week? Go join in some anti-war protests? I'm not looking forward to it.

The quest to live cheap and watch a lot of local news goes on. Sorry for the brief hiatus from PV.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:50 AM

    I was in Boston for the DNC a few years ago. Everyone made such a big deal about how impossible it was going to be to commute into and out of the city that a whole lot of people took their summer vacations that week just to avoid the headaches. I stayed and worked all week, and it was grand. No traffic! No crowded subways! Of course, the transit police performed random searches of bags, and nothing larger than a loaf of bread was allowed on the line that ran under the Fleet Center...

    There wasn't much for protests; seems like a lot of that was saved for the RNC in New York later in the summer.

    ReplyDelete