Sunday, April 29, 2007

Two TV comments

Fox 9 News: misleading commercial?
I just saw a Fox 9 promo that went like this:

Jeff: The rumors are true: Randy Moss has been traded.
Robyn: And you won't believe where he's going.

Here's the thing: Moss was traded to the Patriots, even though there have been recent rumors that he'd be traded to the hated rival Green Bay Packers. I think Fox 9 used the language ambiguously enough to suggest that Moss might be traded to the Packers to get people to watch. Of course, it's also ambiguous enough not to be obvious, so this accusation could easily be refuted.

Where have you gone, Classic Diet Mountain Dew?
(before reading this, a few facts you should know. 1) I used to drink Diet Mountain Dew straight out of the 2-liter bottles, 2) about a year ago Diet Mountain Dew's flavor changed, 3) this new flavor is awful, and 4) I've been giving up pop: I've had 4 cans in the last 17 days, and one of those was just to cut my gin).

I just saw a Diet Mountain Dew commercial. For a moment I thought I was about to be told that Diet Mountain Dew was switching back to the old flavor. Had the commercial informed me of a return to the old flavor, I would have stormed out of the house and would have drank two bottles before I got home.

1 comment: