Thursday, February 12, 2009

Send me coupons, not pleasant greetings.

I get on the email lists of any restaurants I like. I'm even a member of the Fuddruckers' Fudd's Club (they have a good veggie burger, you can load on your own toppings, and the open setup prevents a toddler from getting impatient because he can move around a lot).

Fuddruckers kindly sent me an email wishing me a happy Valentine's Day. The message says:

"This Valentine's Day, let your sweetheart know you really care with a romantic meal at Fuddruckers.

"We hope to see you soon!"

Thanks, Fuddruckers, for the greeting and hopes to see me soon. In fact, even though I don't know in what galaxy Fuddruckers constitutes "a romantic meal," my wife and I have discussed eating there on Valentine's Day (because any other restaurant can get difficult with that toddler). But you know what would have guaranteed we eat at Fuddruckers Saturday?

A coupon. A discount. Any sort of special offer. I mean, any at all. A free cookie probably would have got us into the restaurant. The pleasant greeting is not exactly wooing me.

So let this be a message to all the other restaurants that I've signed up to receive emails from: you can woo me away from Fuddruckers with some sort of coupon. Romano's Macaroni Grill, a free appetizer might do the trick. Papa Murphy's sent me some "Big Game" coupons that last through February--that might just be enough to convince me to grab some pizza for Valentine's Day (yes, pizza at home is a special occasion meal for me). Pizza Hut, can you top $3.00 off? Send me an email--I could go for a Stuffed Crust pizza for my Valentine's Day exception.

C'mon restaurants. Help me help you. Don't just send me pleasant greetings. Papa Murphy's is leading the race right now, but with a little effort and a little discount, you could be wooing a cheapskate to spend money at your restaurant for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    You can sign up to get coupons emailed to you on a regular basis for haircuts at costcutters.com and supercuts.com.

    ReplyDelete