Thursday, July 12, 2007

Fun, Free Summer Entertainment

This time of year, many people get bored. There is more free time for many of us (school employees and students, anyway). We are always on the lookout for fun, free stuff to do. Well, I have the solution to eveyone's problems: Big Brother 8!

I have resented reality tv for years now, but I am not above watching it every now and again. Usually, I will watch one episode of something and score points on it with Pacifist Viking. But such is not the case with Big Brother. There is something truly addictive about this show. I like that the audience doesn't get to vote people out. I like the obvious reference to 1984. I like the fact that it is on 3 nights a week, with online episodes in case you miss one (not to mention the 24 hour live feed). I like that people have to eat nothing but slop for weeks on end. I like the 'friendships' I formed last season with Mike Boogey and Dr. Will. I like Big Brother.

Season 8 kicked off last week. It is already pretty awesome. Jen is the craziest freak I have ever met and I will continue to scream at the tv every week she doesn't get evicted. Oh, and Nick is from here (although not here--Kimball, MN). Things are pretty sweet. You all should watch it, if you need something to do this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment