Monday, July 09, 2007

Public Appearance

News Alert!!

Our very own Sven Sundgaard will be the celebrity grand marshall at the White Bear Avenue parade this Thursday. The parade runs from Ivy to the fairgrounds (Frost). I am very excited! Not only is this a free entertaining event with the potential of candy, Sven will be there! I hope we see him, and he takes a picture with us, and we can post it here.

What will this entail? I have never been to this parade before, so I don't know the role of the grand marshall. Does he march in front of the parade with a big sceptor, lifting his knees high and stomping proudly while wearing a big smile? Does he ride atop a magnificent float, waving at us rubes (elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist)? Does he sit at a booth of some sort with a microphone and act as emcee, telling the crowd what is happening in the very parade they are watching? I really have no idea. I hope he is on a float or marching, though, because if he is at a booth, there is potential for us to not see him. I would rather not have to walk all the way down the parade route--I plan to sit at the corner of Ivy. Or maybe cottage.

Nobody knows what the future holds (and by future, I mean 3 days from now). But one thing is sure: Sven will be at the parade. And so will I.

Cruelty-Free Mommy used to be called Possible Flurries. I pulled a Gatz.

2 comments:

  1. "Our very own"? We should now make it clear that this blog has no affiliation with the real Sven Sundgaard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. Sven has in no way been involved in the making of this blog. He has not endorsed this blog, and he might not even know this blog exists. Yet, I still feel like I have ownership of him. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete