Monday, May 05, 2008

They've taken the fun out of my snark

It's fun to make fun of commercials. It's fun to make fun of movies. And it's really fun to make fun of movie commercials. It's always fun to see a movie that looks a lot like another movie and say something like "I liked that better the first time when it was X" and then look around to your friends expecting them to smirk approvingly.

But when one movie is just so obviously like another movie, you don't even get that fun. You can't even fancy yourself witty or clever for pointing it out. It's just too obvious, and you feel stupid for even saying so. And you start to wonder, "If I make this joke, am I just going to find out it's an intentional remake and everybody will think I'm stupid?" So you sit there, not saying anything until you finally decide to blog about it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    is this an intentional remake? It almost has to be, its just to similar to not be intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a "flip on its head" kind of remake, I've heard. The woman is getting married, but wants the best man, instead of the man getting married. Something like that.

    ReplyDelete