Friday, February 09, 2007

Of Frugality and Inanity

My favorite book...MAGAZINES!
An amazing offer came in the mail at the Vegan Viking household yesterday. Time magazine is sending me a year and a half subscription of Time (around 80 issues of the weekly magazine) and a year subscription to Fortune (25 bi-weekly issues--what I want with Fortune magazine, I don't know, it just sounds like more garbage to me), and a laser level, all for the low low low price of $20. Twenty bucks for 80 issues of Time is good enough--for cheapskates who don't go anywhere, some general interest news magazines for about a quarter a week are just what we need. So Time Magazine gets the WHMFASS Cheapness seal of approval.

"I did it!"
Since becoming vegan, it seems I've lost some weight. I can't say this for sure, since I don't have a scale, but the circumstantial evidence is suggestive. My wedding ring is loose. One afternoon I took a nap and it fell off. Lately I've been sort of whipping my hand to try and get it to fly off without pulling it off. And finally, last night I did it. It shot across the living room and toward the heat vent. "I did it!" I shouted, and Possible Flurries proceeded to yell at me like she hadn't yelled in some time. I was smiling at the accomplishment as I got lectured about how I would lose the wedding ring, how it was a symbol of our love, etc., etc. I won't try whip it off anymore, but it was pretty cool flying across the room. The point of the story is that my wedding ring might be moving to my middle finger soon.

It's still cold
It's still cold.

2 comments:

  1. I warned you about shaking your ring off last weekend!! Maybe you should start listening to your sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:47 PM

    I warned you too! You should listen to your siblings. And your wife, she warned you as well.

    ReplyDelete