Monday, November 19, 2007

Cheapskate Nightmare: Ruining Pants

I have, really, four pairs of pants I can wear to work. Two others can work, but I hate them for various reasons.

So four pairs of pants. That's all I really need.

But last Friday I got sick all over one pair, and couldn't stomach keeping them. Down to three pairs. Then yesterday I ripped another pair against a small nail sticking out of a couch. Now we're down to two good pairs of pants.

What's a cheapskate to do? Buy new pants?

No, screw that. Since I only work three days a week, I can double up one pair for the week easily. Sure, Kohl's always has cheap pants, but who wants to spend money on pants? As great philosopher Homer Simpson said, "Don't you hate pants?" I hate pants. And I'm not buying more.

This is part of the cheapskate's code: don't buy pants.

1 comment: