Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's degenerate shopper week

If you're standing in line at 6:00 a.m. to get into a store to get good deals, you are a degenerate shopper. As a blog devoted (partly) to frugality, we support degenerate shoppers that would get up to shop the Friday after Thanksgiving just to get spectacular deals. Indeed, two of our contributors (Cruelty-Free Mommy and Partly Cloudy and Pleasant) will be joining my grandmother and the original degenerate shopper, my mother, on Friday morning, standing in the cold and bustling through crowds for the sake of cheapness.

And while I, Pacifist Viking, am the most widely renowned cheapskate on the block, I will be happily sleeping while these festivities occur (well, perhaps I shouldn't assume happy sleeping. What about nightmares? It could be decidedly unhappy sleeping). Is that a threat to my cheapness cred? Perhaps. Buying season tickets for the Vikings probably already destroyed whatever frugality credibility I had, though (in my defense, they are really, really cheap tickets).

So I salute you, Mom, Grandma, Cruelty-Free Mommy, Partly Cloudy and Pleasant, and all the other degenerates that will be getting up in the dark Friday morning. Buy yourselves some iced lattes. You're getting up before dawn for the sake of cheapness: you've earned that expensive cold coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment