Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Greatest Athletic Accomplishment

I used to have a bad habit, and a particularly bad habit for a frugal person. I used to love playing the crane game. Anytime I was near a crane game, if I had a dollar, I was playing it. I was actually pretty good at it, but eventually I realized I was in the process of winning a bunch of stuffed animals that I didn't want at all. I would spend fifty cents winning a prize that I wouldn't pay fifty cents for if I saw it in a store. That's senseless.

But the crane game is also where I had my greatest athletic achievement. I once put a dollar in for two drops of the crane...

And won three animals.

I won three stuffed animals on two drops of the crane.

Think about that. Do you think anybody in the world has ever topped that? With that loose crane, it's difficult enough to go two for two on a dollar. But I got one animal on one of my tries, and two animals on the other try.

That's why, years later, I still remember that. And that's also why I'm a pathetic loser, since that is, indeed, my greatest athletic accomplishment.

But seriously, three animals on two tries? That's unheard of. I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody get two animals on two tries, or three animals on three tries, but I did three in two.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Sorry to burst your bubble PV, but I believe I can top that feat. Although it was still a 3 for 2, it was at a bar in Miami that turned their crane game into a Lobster tank. They were delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete