Monday, February 18, 2008

Didn't this blog used to be a little bit about Sven Sundgaard?

Here's basically what happened: My 29 put The Simpsons on at 10:00, and now there is rarely a time that I watch local news. Because local news isn't news in the real sense: it's a half hour of folksy entertainment with perhaps five minutes of meaningful news in there somewhere. As I can get real news elsewhere, I don't need the folksy entertainment for a half hour (just like I don't need a weather forecast that's about five minutes long). So I'm hardly ever watching Kare 11, because if I want entertainment, at 5:00 I'm watching Law & Order, at 6:00 I'm watching The Simpsons, and then of course at 10:00 there's The Simpsons again. But this is if I'm watching TV at these times, which I guess I usually am.

That is why this blog has recently focused more on frugal life than on local news: because local news is generally pointless and The Simpsons is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment