Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pleasure of Frugality: Doing the Math

When you get a great savings deal, it's fun to figure out all the different mathematical ways to consider your savings. For example, at Target this weekend I bought ten packs of ten iced tea drop-ins for $1.89 each. The drop-ins were already half as expensive as bottles of iced tea: now on sale, they're much cheaper. The different ways to consider drop-ins versus bottles:

One drink costs me about 19 cents instead of 50 cents.

I got 100 drinks for just a bit more than 36 drinks would have cost me.

I saved about $31 on 100 drinks.

I can drink almost three drinks for the price of one bottle.

Of course, I have to have bottles around and I have to mix and shake my own tea. But to save 62% on tea, it's really worth it to have to stand around shaking a bottle around.

No comments:

Post a Comment