Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If I were rich (1): I'd be a cheese connoisseur

Let's do a new feature at WHMFASS called "If I were rich." We'll explore different things I would do if I were rich. No, not cliche things about what fancy car I'd buy or anything like that. We'll just talk about what I would do if I weren't living a non-frugal lifestyle, or I didn't have to think about money at all.

If I were rich, I'd be a cheese connoisseur.

I love cheese. I love trying different kinds of cheeses. And if I were rich, I'd really devote my time and resources to trying a lot of different kinds of cheese.

I don't think I'd be a globe-hopping cheese taster. I would just buy the expensive cheeses at a regular supermarket. Yesterday I was examining cheeses at the grocery store, and there was some cheese there that sold for between $.80 and $1.40 per ounce. Now, I don't own many items at all that cost $1.40 per ounce, so unless I get rich, I probably won't eat this cheese (except when the store offers free samples).

All these different cheeses from around the world look really exciting. I saw some cheese that was aged in a cave for a year. I saw some cheese that came from a goat. And if I were rich, I'd buy all sorts of this cheese and spend my time eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment