Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Kare 11 at the Fair

Let me just say that despite my usual frugality, I am a huge fan of the fair. I really want to go this year, but I'd prefer if it was with someone who would pay for all my food and whatnot. One fun thing about the fair, for me, is to go around to all the radio stations and tv stations and look at the 'celebrities' in person. I used to spend countless hours at the Edge booth (oh how I miss the Edge!). This year, if I go, I will stop by the Kare 11 place and see the people who have inspired us to write nonsense.

Now, if you are like me and you watch tv all day all summer (god I need a hobby), you have probably seen the commercial advertising that the Kare 11 people are in a new location. Good for them. But they are where the newborn baby animals were. Does that mean there will never again be teeny little tiny little piglets and calfs and jackalopes and the like? I really enjoyed that part of the fair, so I hope that is not the case. And if it is, I fear I will harbor resentment for Sven and my other new friends for taking over the animals' place.

Anyway, speaking of that commercial, does anyone else think it is hilarious to watch Sven in it? All the Kare people are sitting around with cartoon farm equipment and some of them (like Perkins) are really into the whole thing. Then, a milk jug glides across the screen, and out comes Sven, rising like the Great Pumpkin on Halloween night, standing politely with his hands crossed over his crotch, with a big shit-grin on his face. I imagine that the first time he saw the commercial he thought, "This is my life?"

Ahh, Sven.

No comments:

Post a Comment