Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The State UnFair

The Minnesota state fair is starting in St. Paul tomorrow and has already started to cause me grief. As this is my first summer living in St.Paul I am noticing a few annoyances.
First my bus route was rerouted so that the set up at the fair grounds could begin. Although I was still able to travel from St Paul to Minneapolis campus, it was a bit bothersome.
Then there is the parking. Students have no where to park on the St. Paul campus since it is connected to to fair grounds. Even the streets will not allow parking during the fair. Which means I will not only not be able to go the state fair, but now cannot even enjoy my free internet access at the library
Finally is the news. The local news stations will all be broadcasting from the fair. The viewers at home will get their fill of fluff stories and most likely get little content out of every single news cast until after labor day. We will get to watch the news casters eat food and have fun. But I wonder when Sven is eating that hotdish on a stick and gushing on and on about it, is he really in tune with his viewers. I don't think so. Us veiwers are not not able to enjoy the state fair due to our lack of money (or lack or willingness to spend it on the fiar) but now are also extremely hungry for the food they keep showing us.
So thanks Sven, thanks a lot

3 comments:

  1. Why do I like the idea of Sven eating a corndog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I like the idea of Sven eating a corndog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for the repeat. my computer is being stuck up.

    ReplyDelete