Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Do they do this on purpose?

This blog was started to talk about local TV because we don't spend money. Now I get TNT, so while taking care of my son, I get to watch a lot of Law & Order. So now on this blog I comment on Law & Order too much. Deal.

Today on TNT, a Law & Order episode ("Savages"), two (count them, two) actors from Godspell were guest stars. Jesus himself, Victor Garber, was on trial, and the judge was played by Lynn Thigpen, who was one of Jesus's disciples in Godspell.

The casting director had to have this in mind, right? Freaking Godspell?

1 comment:

  1. I discovered NYPD: Blue when I started staying home with the Boy. Really a great show.

    Casting directors are like everyone else, they generaly do what makes the most sense (or easiest solution) at the time, given the opportunity. They may have seen Godspell, been impressed with the two actors, and called them in. The episodes casting requirments give them a chance to cast both. Had either of them ever appeared on an episode before?

    ReplyDelete