Friday, May 25, 2007

Why are the people on "Law and Order" so mean?

The police on "Law and Order" are always rude and often threatening to those they question--even when the people they are questioning are not suspects, but simply might know something. They're often mean to people who they don't believe did anything wrong at all. Do police generally act rude and threatening during an investigation? Is that common procedure?

The prosecutors can be just as bad. Angie Harmon's character is the worst: smug and rude, she's always displaying a combination of power and condescension.

2 comments:

  1. Why are the people so unwilling to talk to the police while working? They always keeps stocking shelves and unloading trucks as they get asked about a MURDER investigation! I would probably put down what I was working on to tell the police what I know about a murder.
    Those people deserve to get treated like shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention the people being interviewed by the police who arent even suspects usually act like the police are bothering them. (about 75-85% of the time). The usually give looks like why are you bothering me about questions surrounding some dead girl. I always like the ones that are rude when first asked questions by the police then when shown the picture of the victim they all of the sudden turn very warm and helpful because they knew her or him. Basically it sends the message unless the dead person is someone I know, I don't want you cops bothering me with any questions that could help solve someone's murder, etc.

    ReplyDelete