Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer = Maury

Last summer I wrote about how Maury was the anchor that held my summer together. This summer I would hope for something better, but while caring for a baby, it's hard to read and nice to have something going on in the background.

And that means Maury. More distraught women running "backstage." More irresponsible men insulting women and jumping around like kangaroos when the child isn't theirs. More DNA tests and lie detector tests. More teenage girls doing what they want in front of their crying mothers. More Maury fascilitating it all with a mixture of paternal judgment and paternal caring.

Other things I like about summer and TV:

The Geico Cavemen. I always laugh the first time I see a new Caveman commercial. "He doesn't say anything because he's a doll." Classic.

Dr. Phil. I hate Dr. Phil. Yet I watch Dr. Phil.

Law and Order. I believe I completely understand the justice system. I could practice law right now. Give me the bar exam; I watch Law and Order every freaking day. Of course, sometimes I skip the Law and just watch Jack McCoy with the Order.

Commercials for movies I won't see for a long time because I have a kid to take care of.

Homicide: Life on the Streets. Sadly, this show is on during Maury and sometimes I don't know what to do.

NBA Playoffs on TNT. Possible Flurries is very upset to find out the playoffs go on for another month. She thinks every night I have the playoffs on. That's true, but I actually haven't watched a single game from beginning to end.

More time for the usual suspects like Kare 11, Seinfeld, and The Simpsons.

Yes, in the early stages, it sure looks like I'm going to piss away my summer on nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment