Monday, November 13, 2006

My Restaurant Reviews

This past weekend I was lucky enough to become a restaurant critic. Actually I just attended to four restaurants in 2 days so feel the need to write about it. Fortunately, since I am living on a budget I only had to pay for one of my meals out. This was helped out by a generous boyfriend and father.
First there was Old Chicago on Snelling Ave. I am a huge fan of Old Chicago especially the pizza. We didn’t have to wait too long since the couple we were meeting was already there and put our name down, but the wait total was about 15 minutes. I had an individual pizza, which is actually large enough to take some home for later. Having left-overs is a great part of going out to eat; you can get two meals out of one bill or at least one meal and a midnight snack. Overall I recommend Old Chicago, great food, service was a little slow but it was busy so understandable and about $8-11 per entry.
Saturday was a big day for eating out (it was my birthday so I wasn’t going to cook anything!!) Actually the only planed outing was supper on Saturday night, the breakfast and lunch just came up and filled me up! Breakfast was at Perkins by Mcknight Rd. No waiting at all. Friendly service (waiter had a big pen mark on his cheek so it was hard not to laugh at him every time he came around. Lots of food I had a sausage and cheese omelet that included hash browns and three pancakes. Needless to say I had left overs again. I just ate the rest of the omelet for breakfast this morning and it was still good the second time. Still have 1.5 pancakes in the fridge. Overall I also recommend Perkins.
Lunch was in Maple Grove at Fuddruckers. Great environment and again great food. I had a huge hotdog and French fries. The fries are great there; I couldn’t even eat all my hot dog… more leftovers. Then since it was my birthday I was able to get a free caramel and chocolate Sunday. Delicious. (Good to note it wasn’t embarrassing at all; they just nicely brought out the dessert and nicely set it on the table. I have been to other restaurants where this wasn’t the case. I won’t name names but it had the initials TGIF. It was really embarrassing. The employees all came out to sing and tie helium balloons to my wrists. How was a supposed to eat my food with balloons tied to my wrists? It wasn’t cool, but my brother father and mother sure got a lot of amusement out of it, oh well.) I also recommend Fuddruckers, but suggest going on a bit emptier stomach than I did.
The last restaurant for the weekend wasn’t until around 8pm Saturday night, it was Olive Garden near White Bear Ave. The wait was at least 30 minutes, lots of people. After we were seated the service was pretty good and food great as always. A few tables around us seemed to have problems with their service and food and got discounts and free meals, unfortunately everything went well at our table and we paid for at all (when I say we, I mean A bit more humid paid for it) I recommend Olive Garden. I had the fettuccine alfredo and of course the endless salad and breadsticks.
Ok the point is all the places I ate at were great… no complaints other than my extremely full stomach…

3 comments:

  1. Everything's a rave! Nine thumbs up? What the hell is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I had nothing interesting to write about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! You slipped that in there very nicely.

    ReplyDelete