Monday, September 25, 2006

Cheapness, Politics, and Cold

I’ve mentioned that in order to pay my $118 speeding ticket, I intend to give up unnecessary spending, even if it means sacrificing many pleasures and going hungry much of the time, until I make it up. In six days, I’ve already not spent $18 dollars. This might be something I need to keep doing. I’m trying pretty hard to spend between two and five dollars a day on meals.

Does anybody else think that St. Paul is an extremely political town? For months it has seemed that every other property posts signs for either Fletcher or Finney, two candidates for Ramsey County Sheriff. SHERIFF! Some properties inexplicably feature signs for both Finney and Fletcher. The race we are following most closely is Amy Klobuchar and Mark Kennedy for U.S. Senate. Let’s home that Mark Kennedy’s attack ads are a sign of desperation. Frankly, we don't like any political advertisements--they merely get in the way of watching commercials for products we'll never buy.

We would have signs up in our yard, but alas, we think that would cost us some money. We support with our votes, not with our dollars, lest we no longer have a yard to not post signs in.

And yes, I’m the nasty villain responsible for Possible Flurries and Partly Cloudy and Pleasant living in a cold house. When they can’t sleep at night out of fear that they will not be able to afford the house they are living in, then they will appreciate the cold. Soon I will be weatherproofing the windows, anyway: I have the caulk. I just need a caulk gun.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    There will be snow on the ground before you weather proof your windows.

    ReplyDelete