Monday, September 11, 2006

Sven Sundgaard, Burgeoning Gay Icon?

Like all relatively heterosexual men in the Twin Cities, I spent part of my Saturday morning paging through the new issue of Lavender, the Twin Cities free gay themed magazine. Whose face should I suddenly see but Sven Sundgaard's! He will be the Celebrity Game Show Host for the Carnival of Life, which is brought to us by the Aliveness Project (Aliveness Project? That can't be real, can it? Doesn't it sound just a bit too much like The Human Fund?). The Aliveness Project, according to its web page, is "a community center located in South Minneapolis that provides services and programs to the HIV/AIDS community."

Lavender is one of the sponsors of the Carnival of Life, which you can read about at the Aliveness Project's homepage.

I like to think that I have better things to do than to speculate on who is or isn't gay. And of course I have a long-standing "Not that there's anything wrong with it" policy. But Sven Sundgaard seems to have the look to be a burgeoning gay icon. If it weren't $100 a ticket, I'd consider going to the Carnival of Life to check him out (please see this blog's subtitle). Being a gay icon, of course, doesn't necessarily mean a person is gay.

3 comments:

  1. Once for Christmas, someone who shall remain nameless made a donation in my name to the Human Fund. I laughed.

    That said, if someone ever had given a donation in my name to the Aliveness Project (before we saw the Sven ad), I probably would have just laughed and assumed it was a joke, since it sounds so similar. And made up.

    But I am glad Sven is doing things to help good causes, like HIV/AIDS. And by that I mean the fight against.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sven is really get out into the community. This past weekend he was in St. Cloud at some sort of charity race. He was going to be giving the weather according to the radio. Frankly, I have no idea what he was doing, I just herd his name on the St. Cloud radio station and started paying attention

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried you hyperlink 'from who is or isn't gay'
    I still am waiting to read more about this and his link to Kenny Chesney

    ReplyDelete