Saturday, September 02, 2006

What I hate about weathermen and what I hate about you

The Weather People
I hate that when TV weather people are forecasting the weather they use all sorts of subjective terms for the weather. Days that are hot or at least sunny get called "nice" or "good" or "great." But I don't think sunny days are great. I like rainy days, cloudy days, colder days. So I have to get used to listening to the weather and filtering everything they say into Bizarro Languange.

You
You probably use poor grammar when talking about weather and temperature. Temperature is an objective measure of kinetic energy in the air and cannot therefore be hot or cold; temperatures can either be high or low. Weather is subjective, so it is up to the speaker to call it hot or cold (but not high or low--that's senseless).

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, "anonymous" doesn't get our policy on cheapness. Online purchases? Get the hell out of here, anonymous.

    ReplyDelete