Saturday, September 23, 2006

SURVEY SAYS...

As I have been spending more and more days in my small little apartment, I have once again gained appreciation for the fine TV that is day-time programming. When I was younger I remember watching The Price is Right, Family Feud, and other such fine game shows. As I got older I came to appreciate Soap Operas (Days of Our Lives was my favorite). However, lately as I have been watching the TV I have noticed a phenomenon that I am not sure is entirely necessary. The level of local news programming is getting to be a bit extreme. One station in particular is guilty of overkill, they have the pre-morning show news, the mid-day news review, the 4 pm news, the 5 pm news, followed by the national nightly news, which is then followed by the 6 pm local news, then there is a nice break and we are trated to the 10 pm news. Although this station isnt guilty of this, other local stations have a 9 pm news show, in addition to their 10 pm news show. So that is a total of 6 news shows on in one day!!! What is the point of all these news shows? I understand people are always coming and going, so they might not be able to get the news at 6 and/or 10, but 6 shows?!?!?! I am not saying news doesnt happen during the day, but in the few days that I have experienced this, nothing has changed from 4 pm to 5 pm. Here is my plea... stop the insanity, dont give us news constantly throughout the day. Isnt that what CNN or Headline News is for? I miss the good old days, when daytime television was more about game shows and crappy acting then it was about what is (or isnt) happening locally.

3 comments:

  1. I agree the amount of news on local TV stations is getting crazy. Especially since they repeat so many of the same stories. I on the other hand would prefer Young and the Restless over Days of our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, there's about 5 minutes of real news in a 30 minute news show (if you're lucky). Mostly its human interest and weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More like human DISinterest! Take that, local news!

    ReplyDelete