Friday, September 29, 2006

Cheapness Report

Our new favorite football player
When Sports Illustrated asked Ravens Linebacker Bart Scott about his cellphone ring tone, Scott responded, "Basic. I'm not giving a dollar to nobody."

And with that, Bart Scott becomes the official favorite football player of We Have Mixed Feelings About Sven Sundgaard. That's just the right way to respond.

Cheap Pop in the Twin Cities
As first sighted by A Bit More Humid, Target is currently selling four 12-packs of pop for 9$, then giving you a 5$ gift card for your troubles. I've already been there once; I will be there again. To me, there are three ways to approach this deal.
1. You are paying 9$ for four 12-packs and get 5$ for whatever you want.
2. You are paying 1$ for each 12-pack of pop.
3. The second time you do this deal, you are getting the four 12-packs for free.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Re: ring tones... OR you could do what I did, which is use the record feature on the phone to record 30 seconds of your favorite song and set that as your ring tone. It may not sound as clear as a purchased ringtone, but then again, how clear is any stereo sound coming from a cell phone? AND this way you're not constrained by which songs (or parts of songs) the MAN decides to make available. This is how the first 30 seconds of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Honeybear" came to rock on and on whenever I get a text message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not saying "soda."

    And the dollar sign after the number is charmingly European.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they had deals for soda like that out here on the east coast. I miss Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pop vs. Soda vs. Coke

    This is the great debate of the ages rivaling only "Duck, Duck, Grey Duck" and "Duck, Duck, Goose". What cause some areas to call all soda "Coke?" I mean when I get asked what kind of Coke do you want and I say Diet I expect to have diet coke not watered down diet pepsi. Then what cause some to go by the first word of the compound word "Soda Pop" and what caused others to say "Pop"? I have to use soda out here because if I dont people genuinely do not understand what I am asking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when we were visiting you, Blue Devil, in NC, and we tried to order pop from some pimpled teen employee at the Pizza Buffet. He acted like we were speaking gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that is exactly why I have to say soda and it will take some adjustment back into Minnesota lingo next year. At my brother-in-laws wedding this year I asked for a diet soda and the guy gave me soda water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been harassed non stop for saying pop and sucker. People actually take the time to say lollypop!

    And can you believe that people from Boston call shopping carts carriages??

    Oh the things you learn in college...

    ReplyDelete