Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Frugality and Humanity (2)


note: I'm not going to allow this blog to be a place to incessantly share pictures and stories about my cat. I'm not going to become "that guy." This blog is primarily about four things: Sven Sundgaard, local TV, Twin Cities life, and frugality. I will only mention Sue Ellen Mischke when it is relevant to those topics.

Sue Ellen Mischke is all full of piss and vinegar right now. She has already scratched a hole through our weather-proofing (it's now taped), and she repeatedly attempts to escape the house where she then crouches with her stomach to the ground like a weirdo and freezes.

But she's not going to be so energetic when she's getting her overies scraped out.

Yes, folks, the time has come for legendary cheapskate Pacifist Viking and his not-quite-as-cheap wife, Possible Flurries, to pay $188 to have Sue Ellen Mischke spayed and vaccinated. Let me tell you how excited I was to hear that I'll be paying almost two dimes (see? gambling lingo) to calm my damn cat down. Not at all. This will most assuredly be the worst two days of her life. Unfortunately, I actually care about this furry little annoyance and don't want her to go through with it. But I also don't want her bleeding all over the house, running outside, or having kittens. Even PETA says we should spay our pets.

So alas, take my $188 veterinarian, and give me back a sterile but still happy cat.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Hope that Sue Ellen recovers quickly from said ovary scraping.

    ReplyDelete