Monday, October 30, 2006

Sven Sundgaard in Lavender, energy-saving lights, and Halloween candy

Sven in Lavender
Sven was featured in Lavender magazine's Fab 50. The Fab 50 features "queer and queer-friendly people, places, organizations, and events that make the Twin Cities our kind of towns—and yours." Sven is featured as the local TV personality, and it is said that "He’s Svensational!" Are they aware of the good people over here?

I enjoy Lavender magazine, but every time I read it I am usually disappointed. This summer one issue of Lavender featured a crossword puzzle, and now the first thing I do when checking out a new issue is page through in hopes of a crossword. I haven't found one since that magical summer issue.

Energy Bulbs
For some reason, after putting in some energy-saving fluorescent light bulbs, my house now reminds me of the 1980s.

The meaning of Halloween
Halloween is like reverse Social Security. When you're a kid, you get to free-load off of society's willingness to hand you free candy. The understanding is that when you are older, you will willingly allow kids to mooch off of you. You get candy when you're a kid, you give candy when you're an adult. The system works.

No comments:

Post a Comment