Monday, October 16, 2006

A weekend without Sven

We didn't see Sven this weekend. Like "60 Minutes" for Elaine, Sven is a part of the weekend routine that keeps us calm. We may have mixed feelings about him, but we also have mixed feelings about the fact that our cars pollute the environment. We still drive them.

Lousy Movie that's kinda sorta good.

I think my new Saturday night routine will be to drink gin while watching a lousy movie that's kinda sorta good. This Saturday it was Stick It. It shouldn't have entertained at all, but it did. Even though I spent the first twenty minutes reading Animal Times, and we did discuss at what point Jeff Bridges wrote the letter that he mailed in during this movie. It was not what one would expect.

Decorating the house.
While notoriously cheap, we still decided to spend some money on Halloween decorations so that our neighbors would know we are festive. We've purchaseda few decorations to scatter about the house and yard, highlighted by a purple glowing pumpkin in the window. Why purple? Well, besides the fact that I'm also a notorious Viking fan, using a color other than orange means that it can serve as a decoration for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh.. Stick It, that was a great time. My favorite character was Wei Wei, her facial expressions were teriffic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know her name. I didn't even know the characters had names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite character ... POOT!!!

    ReplyDelete